Bed bugs were all but eliminated from the United States by the mid 1950's. However, they have made a recent resurgence. Today bed bugs can be found in nearly every city in the country. There are a lot of myths about bed bugs going around and, there is also a lot of bad information about them on the internet. If you have bed bugs or you believe you have bed bugs, it is highly recommended that you contact a representative of DIAM Pest Control before you proceed any further. We have performed thousands of bed bug treatments and, with your cooperation, we can eliminate your bed bug infestation.
- Throwing away beds and furniture is unnecessary and it is unlikely to resolve your problem. Call DIAM Pest Control before you throw anything away.
- Misapplication of over the counter products can scatter the bed bugs. If you live in an apartment, or the bed bugs are in a hotel, scattering the bed bugs is the last thing you want to do. Contact a DIAM Pest Control representative and your landlord immediately.
- Bed bugs tend to live on the bed or within a foot or two. They live on, or very close to, couches and chairs as well. Scattering the bed bugs into other parts of the house will only make it more difficult for the proffesionals to get rid of them.
- If you need immediate relief from the bed bugs we advise you to take your bed apart and turn your furniture over. Then use a vacuum to suck up the bed bugs.
- Washing your bedding in hot water and drying on high heat will kill all life stages of bed bugs.