Local Exterminator Professionals in Des Moines, IA
Diam Pest Control
Ant Control Experts
If you live in the Des Moines area and are experiencing an ant infestation in your home or business, we can help. Our team of trained exterminators have the knowledge and experience to effectively eliminate ants from your property and prevent future infestations, even when your ant bait traps or other ant traps aren’t working.
There are several species of ants that can be found in the Des Moines area, including carpenter ants, pavement ants, and odorous house ants. Each species has its own unique behaviors and habitats, and therefore requires a specific approach to control.
Our exterminators will perform a thorough inspection of your property to identify the type of ants present and determine the best course of action. We use a combination of chemical and non-chemical methods to eliminate ants and prevent their return, unlike ant bait traps or other ant traps that will often offer no relief from the infestation.
If you are in need of ant control services in the Des Moines area, don’t hesitate to contact us. Our team is ready to help you regain control of your property and enjoy an ant-free environment.
SIGNS OF ANT INFESTATIONS
- Seeing ants inside your home or building: If you start seeing ants inside your home, it could be a sign that you have an infestation. Different species of ants have different habitats, so if you see ants inside, it could indicate that they have established a nest nearby.
- Seeing a steady stream of ants: If you notice a steady stream of ants coming from a specific area, it could be a sign that there is a nest nearby. Ants will often follow a pheromone trail back and forth from their nest to a food source, so if you see a large number of ants moving in a line, it could be a sign that there is a nest nearby.
- Finding ant nests: Ant nests can often be found in or around the foundation of a building, in walls, or in trees or shrubs near the building. If you notice a large number of ants congregating in a specific area, it could be a sign that there is a nest nearby.
- Seeing ants carrying food: If you see ants carrying food back to their nest, it could be a sign that they have established a nest in or near your home. Ants will often forage for food and bring it back to their nest to feed their colony.
- Seeing swarms of ants: If you see a large number of ants swarming in a specific area, it could be a sign of a new colony trying to establish itself. Ant colonies will often send out swarms of ants to search for a new nesting site, and if they find a suitable location, they will establish a new nest.
If you are experiencing any of these signs, it is a good idea to contact our exterminators to assess the situation and determine the best course of action. We will identify the type of ants present and determine the best method for eliminating the infestation.
Tips to Avoid An ant INFESTATION:
Feeling frustrated about how to keep ants our of your home or business and not seeing results from ant baits traps or other types of ant traps? Try implementing some of these tips before those pesky visitors quickly take over your area:
- Keep your property clean and free of food debris
- Repair any cracks or holes in the foundation or exterior walls of your building
- Store food in airtight containers and dispose of trash regularly
- Trim trees and shrubs away from the exterior of your building
- After using our ant extermination services, following these tips can help keep your building free from ants coming back inside.
It is best to find an ant infestation early, before the infestation grows. Treating a small infestation is much easier than treating the same ant infestation after it has grown.
However, if you do find ants in your home or business, don’t panic. Our exterminators have over 50 years of experience treating all different varieties of ants and other pests, and our solutions are usually much more effective than DIY ant bait traps and other ant traps. Ant infestations can be tricky and treatments are usually best left to the professionals.
Contact us to Learn More About our Ant Treatment Options
What You Should Know About Carpet Beetles
Carpet beetles may seem like harmless little creatures, but if left unchecked, they can wreak havoc on your home. These tiny insects can cause damage to fabrics, carpets, and even food items. They...
Harmful Insects & Spiders in Iowa
Protecting your home from pests is an important step to take for anyone living in Iowa. Whether you own or rent your home, it’s essential to be aware of the most common insects and spiders that can...
Bed Bug Solutions
Bed bugs are a frustrating, common problem for homeowners. If you’ve been dealing with an infestation and need help getting rid of them, don’t hesitate to call in a professional pest control &...